A Snapshot of SCEGGS
- A Diverse School
- A School of Excellence
- A School of Christian Values
- An Inner City School
- A Caring School
- A Supportive School
- An Accountable School
- Our Vision
A Diverse School
The SCEGGS community of students and their families come together from all over Sydney, united by a commitment to receiving the best possible education. Our school is small enough to be a safe and friendly environment where each girl feels known, valued and nurtured, yet large enough to provide depth across a range of programs.
A School of Excellence
SCEGGS has a reputation for excellence. We are renowned for our academic success in public examinations, challenging curriculum and broad range of co-curricular activities. Our greatest reward is to see a girl who is confident in her own accomplishments by the time she leaves us, regardless of her chosen endeavours.
A School of Christian Values
The Christian faith and its values underpin all that we do at SCEGGS. Religious Education is an important part of the curriculum where questioning, debate, research and inquiry are conducted in an open environment. We welcome girls of every faith and intend to foster Christian values for the benefit of all students, regardless of their religious backgrounds. Girls are given the freedom and support to explore their own spirituality, to come up with their own answers, and to discover their own spiritual self.
An Inner City School
Our position on so many transport hubs means our girls come to SCEGGS from all over Sydney. We are truly an inner-city school.
Being located in Darlinghurst allows us to take advantage of the vast cultural resources in and around the heart of the Sydney. Programs are specifically developed to utilise nearby art galleries, theatres, libraries, museums and sporting facilities. We believe that SCEGGS girls are “savvy” and certainly at ease in a city environment.
Because our students see aspects of real disadvantage within the community around us, we are able to encourage our girls to live their lives with compassion, courage and a determination to benefit society. SCEGGS girls understand something of life’s complexities and they are better people because of it.
A Caring School
Our talented and dedicated staff are the heart of everything SCEGGS has achieved. We attract and maintain the highest quality people to deliver an outstanding education to our girls. Survey results and feedback collected from parents and students continually pay tribute to their hard work, care and professionalism.
A Supportive School
The school supports staff in every possible way, allowing them to concentrate on their role as teachers. We underpin this with a rigorous staff appraisal process and valuable professional development. We provide a stimulating teaching environment and the opportunity to work with motivated students in an innovative workplace.
An Accountable School
We genuinely care about the views and feedback of the SCEGGS community and see it as vital to our success. We conduct regular surveys of parents and girls to gain their feedback and thoughts on our programs. It is so important that we review what we are doing, build on our strengths and prepare goals or improvement targets for the future.
- In a world where the individual is being constantly challenged and roles are changing SCEGGS affirms its intention to equip our students for the future through the best possible education.
- To this end, SCEGGS will be recognised as an outstanding educator of girls, a school which gives each student the opportunity to reach her academic potential.
- A SCEGGS girl will be distinctive in her love of learning. This will be lifelong, allowing her to embrace change in the complex world of the future. Her individuality will be allowed to flourish and she will be confident and at ease in a city environment.
- Her compassion and understanding of people will be based on a commitment to the service of others and in response to the school’s Christian foundation.
- A SCEGGS girl will be articulate, competent and accomplished; one whose confidence and sense of self worth allow her to make a significant contribution to the community.
For further information about SCEGGS Darlinghurst you may like to read our Prospectus or 2020 Vision document.