After a competitive design process, the winning re-design of Wilkinson House has been developed by the Smart Design Studio headed by creative director William Smart and is breathtaking.
William’s vision gracefully melds the heritage of Wilkinson House with the features of cutting-edge Australian architecture to create imaginative, light spaces that draw in the cityscape.
- Enhances the historic façade, returning it closer to its original form
- Reuses a range of architectural features, fixtures and fittings
- Reflects the previous floorplate through design references
- Introduces a copper roof which references the original building design
In addition, the classrooms of the future, enabling both independent learning and collaborative problem-solving, will deliver:
- Large, light filled spaces that support the full range of learning modes
- Future-focused technology, connectivity, and portability of learning
- Increased space for sporting facilities with a direct link to the Centenary Sports Hall
- Vastly improved pedestrian traffic flow and amenities
- Sustainable design including solar power, natural airflow for heating and cooling, water capture and recycling and use of recycled materials